Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Entry Into Service

I've been asked many a time: why don't I blog?  Lack of time, and lack of something to say, I guess, would be my answers.  Also, a catchy name was very imperative.  Finally!  FINALLY I came up with the trifecta of time, something to say, and a name I can get behind!  So here it is, my first entry!

I was telling R about how a friend and I got caught in the middle of a 5k race during a casual walk.  His first reaction was, "I hope there wasn't a bomb."  That made me immensely sad, of course.  This is the world he lives in, where "race" equals "violence".  The Boston marathon bombings were still fairly fresh, but still, to have those two concepts entangled in his mind underscores how the tragedy extends well beyond the last blast.

Ok, not a whole lot to say, but still feels good to finally get into the blogosphere!

This post is dedicated to Holly Taylor Boyd, my blogging inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to provide inspiration. Now go blog some more. Holletta says.

    ReplyDelete